Stage 3 - New road and bridges over the Murray and Campaspe rivers
Artist's impression of the new bridge over the Murray River - subject to change.
In April 2020, we began major construction on this important stage of the project, which involves building a new link road between Echuca and Moama. The new link road includes:
- a new two-lane road (one lane in each direction) from north of the new roundabout on Warren Street in Echuca to the Cobb Highway in Moama
- a new bridge measuring over 600m across the Murray River floodplain with a clear span over the Murray River
- a new bridge over the Campaspe River and floodplain
- two new flood relief bridges
- safety barriers
- noise walls
- a new safe and scenic shared walking and cycling path along the route.
A second river crossing will provide alternate access between Echuca and Moama, relieve congestion on the existing bridge and allow greater access for emergency services.
The bridge is due to open in mid-2022.