South Road Upgrade
The Victorian and Federal Governments are committed to upgrading South Road, a key east-west arterial road that links the Nepean Highway to the Dingley Bypass.
The South Road Upgrade will upgrade five key intersections to remove bottlenecks and improve safety:
- construction of a new citybound right turn lane on South Road to improve access to Nepean Highway
- modifying the South Road, Jasper Road and Taylor Street intersection to improve traffic flow and safety
- installing a signalised pedestrian crossing at Tucker Road
- new right turn lane from South Road to East Boundary Road, with improvements to the left turn slip lanes and pedestrian crossings at the intersection
- install traffic lights at the Bignell Road intersection, including new pedestrian crossings to improve traffic flow and safety.
Visit the South Road Upgrade webpage for more information.