Construction update - Murray River
Construction on the new bridge over the Murray River - click through for more images.
February 2021 construction update
What we’re doing and when
During February we’ll:
- continue earthworks and complete forming the soil embankments near Victoria Park and Warren Street, Echuca
- continue concrete pours as we build and complete the piers and pier heads on both sides of the Murray River
- start assembling the form traveller system to build the main bridge span across the Murray River
- deliver and install super-tee beams in Echuca via High, Dickson and Crofton streets and in Moama via Barmah Bridge, Barmah Road and the Cobb Highway
- continue delivering materials and equipment, including concrete for pier works.
All works will take place from 7am to 6pm, Monday to Friday and 7am to 1pm, Saturday. The timing of these works may change depending on weather and site conditions, including some out-of-hours works involving early morning or late evening concrete pours for the main bridge piers.