Works continue on the new Interchange to the Hume Freeway - click through for more images.
May 2021 construction update
What we're doing and when
During May, we'll continue:
- placing asphalt to build the new Hume Freeway northbound entry and southbound exit ramps
- installing steel railing on the southside of O'Herns Road bridge
- installing new intelligent transport systems, signalling and street lighting on O’Herns Road and the new freeway interchange
- drainage and pavement works on the westbound lanes of O’Herns Road
- earthworks, drainage, and pavement construction to build the new freeway interchange.
Most works will take place between 7am and 6pm, Monday to Friday and 7am to 3pm, Saturdays, but we will be working at night from 8pm, Friday 14 May to 5am Monday 17 May on the Hume Freeway and O’Herns Road bridge.